High above the Havel one finds the russian Church of St. Peter and Paul
Ss. Peter and Paul Church on Nikolskoë is a Protestant church in the Volkspark Glienecke inBerlin. Its today congregation forms part of the Evangelical Church of Berlin-Brandenburg-Silesian Upper Lusatia.
The church has a Russian Orthodox profile, with the noteworthy difference that it has only one onion dome, instead of the five usually seen in Russia.
King Friedrich Wilhelm III had the church built for the residents of Klein-Glienicke and Pfaueninsel on a bluff on the Havel near the Pfaueninsel and the Nikolskoë Blockhouse. It was designed by the architects Friedrich August Stüler and Albert Dietrich Schadow and inaugurated on August 13, 1837.
Ss. Peter and Paul contains the grave of Prince Carl of Prussia.
Its current glockenspiel leans against that of the Potsdam Garrison Church.
Beautiful light and shadow in the afternoon
The rosette with the clock.
Only one tower is not typical russian.
Many bells in the side-roof
Beautiful light-reflections fall through the church-windows
This stony floor must be original and therefor really old.
The angle shall protect the faithful people.
Some nice ornaments out of red brickstone, a typical Berliner Church-Buildingmaterial